Affordable Health Care for Central Florida
The mission of Community Health Centers is to provide quality and compassionate primary and preventive medical, dental and pharmaceutical services to Central Florida’s economically and culturally diverse communities.
Community Health Centers, (CHC) is a private, non-profit charitable organization that provides primary and preventive medical, dental and pharmaceutical services to insured, uninsured, underinsured, and underserved children and adults within Central Florida. CHC is a private, nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) organization that began its operations in 1972 in Apopka, Florida.
CHC now provides care to more than 56,000 patients each year in the Apopka, Bithlo, Eatonville, Lake Ellenor, Leesburg, Meadow Woods, Pine Hills, South Lake and Winter Garden communities. We are celebrating 40 years of providing quality and compassionate care to the Central Florida community.
CHC has voluntarily chosen to be accredited by the prestigious Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care Inc. CHC is covered under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Quality Services Offered:
Our strategy to providing excellent health care:
- Employing the best trained clinical and professional staff and providing comprehensive services in convenient locations;
- 100% compliance with electronic health records for medical, dental and pharmacy;
- Maintaining modern and attractive health centers with expanded office hours that meet our client’s needs;
- Understanding and adapting to the ethnic and cultural diversity of Central Florida and providing culturally sensitive services;
- Offering all services to patients at competitive fees with our neighboring health care facilities, and seeking external grant and other financial resources in order to offer special assistance to medically underserved, medically uninsured and/or special at-risk populations.
Medicaid, Medicare, MediPass, CHIP, and Healthy Kids, and most managed care plans, including HMO’s, PPO’s and private insurance plans are accepted at all locations to accommodate its growing population. A Sliding Discount Program is available for those meeting income guidelines.
Health Care Affiliates
Community Health Centers is currently updating its academic affiliate Student Program. For questions, please contact Jane Markheim, 407-905-8827.
Hospitals – Leesburg Regional Medical Center, Florida Hospital, Health Central, South Lake Hospital, Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Mental Health/Substance Abuse – Lakeside Alternatives, Lifestreams
Social Services – Spouse Abuse, Sisters Program, Redlands Christian Migrant Association, Farmworkers Association, Human Services Council of Orange County
Health Support Services – Orange County Healthy Start Coalition, Central Florida Area Health Education Center, Florida Hospital Family Practice Residency Program
Specialty Care Referrals – We Care (Lake County), Special Care (Orange County) – volunteer networks
Orange County Health Department
Orange County Government and Orange County Medical Clinic
West Orange Health Alliance
Orange County Strategic Healthcare Task Force
Lake County Healthcare Task Force
Shepherds Hope – volunteer network
Healthcare Center for the Homeless (FQHC)
Funding Agencies – Heart of Florida United Way, Winter Park Health Foundation