Notice: Community Health Centers participates with the following insurance carriers in the 2020 Health Insurance Marketplace: Ambetter, Bright Health and Molina Healthcare.
In 2010, comprehensive health reform was signed into law known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), commonly called ObamaCare. The law makes it possible for more families to have access to preventive, affordable health care.
Health Insurance Marketplace
The open enrollment period for the Health Insurance Marketplace is now closed. Outside of the enrollment period, you can still enroll in a Marketplace health plan only if you qualify for the special enrollment period. You can apply for Medicaid and CHIP any time. If you do not have a computer, please check with your local library for access or visit Access Florida.
Get Marketplace Assistance
If you have any questions about the Affordable Care Act or need assistance enrolling in the Health Insurance Marketplace, contact us using the form below and we’ll have a Certified Application Counselor contact you.
Get Prepared Today
Get your required information prepared and find answers to your coverage questions and figure out what options you need. It’s good to be prepared, and now is the time to get started.
- Gather information regarding your household income. To help determine health savings you’re eligible for, the Marketplace will need income information from your W-2, current pay stubs or your tax return.
- Starting setting a budget to spend on your premiums each month. You will need to determine which health plan meets your families health needs, but also meets your budget requirements.
- Find out if your employer plans to offer health insurance. You will be able to stay on your employer’s plan but will enjoy some of the benefits such as no denials of pre-existing conditions or coverage dropping when you’re sick.
- Begin the application process at the Marketplace.
How Does The Affordable Care Act Help Me?
The Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) brings along a Marketplace accessible through HealthCare.gov that gives you the ability to compare coverage options, benefits, quality and determine which features are important to you. The Marketplace lets you determine the correct combination of benefits and price that fits your budget and meets your needs.
With a lot of the big changes coming in just a few weeks, many people are wondering exactly how any of this can help them or their families. There are many benefits to the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) that you may not have heard about yet.
- Low Cost of Coverage – The Marketplace application process will determine if there are any additional ways to get lower monthly premiums with your current plan. You’ll also learn if you’re eligible for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- Essential Health Benefits – Doctor visits, preventive care, hospitalization, prescriptions and more essential health benefits are covered under all plans.
- Pre-Existing Conditions Covered – No longer worry about being denied coverage because of an existing condition. All pre-existing health conditions will be covered including pregnancy or disability.
Affordable Care Act Resources
Get help today. We’ve gathered a few outside resources and listed them below so you can be fully informed on the health care changes coming.