The mission of Community Health Centers is to provide quality and compassionate primary healthcare services to Central Florida’s diverse communities.
About Community Health Centers
Community Health Centers, (CHC) is a private, non-profit organization that provides healthcare services to insured, uninsured, under-insured, and under-served children and adults within Central Florida. We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) organization that began its operations in 1972 in Apopka, Florida.
We have voluntarily chosen to be accredited by the prestigious Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care Inc. and are covered under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
We provide care to approximately 70,000 Central Floridians each year in the Apopka, Bithlo, Forest City, Groveland, Lake Ellenor, Leesburg, Meadow Woods, Pine Hills, Tavares and Winter Garden communities.
Health Services Offered
Our Strategy to Providing Excellent Health Care
- Employing the best trained clinical and professional staff and providing healthcare services in convenient locations.
- 100% compliance with electronic health records for medical, dental and pharmacy.
- Maintaining modern and attractive health centers with evening and Saturday hours to meet our patient’s needs.
- Understanding and adapting to the ethnic and cultural diversity of Central Florida with a culturally diverse staff.
- Offering affordable services to patients regardless of their insurance status.
- Seek grant funding to help offer special assistance to medically under-served, medically uninsured and/or special at-risk populations.
Medicaid, Medicare, MediPass, CHIP, and Healthy Kids, and most managed care plans, including HMO’s, PPO’s and private insurance plans are accepted at all locations. A Sliding Discount Program is available for those meeting income guidelines.
Healthy Start Coalition of Orange County
PCAN: Primary Care Access Network
University of Florida, College of Pharmacy
University of Florida, College of Dentistry
For questions regarding our academic affiliate Student Program, please contact Human Resources, 407-905-8827, x1069.
Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Leesburg Regional Medical Center
Orlando Regional Medical Center
South Lake Hospital
Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women
Mental Health/Substance Abuse
Aspire Health Partners
LifeStream Behavioral Center
Farmworker Association of Florida
Human Services Council of Orange County
Redlands Christian Migrant Association
Health Support Services
Central Florida Area Health Education Center
Advent Health Family Practice Residency Program
Orange County Healthy Start Coalition
Specialty Care Referrals
SpecialCare (Orange County Medical Society)
We Care of Lake County
American Cancer Society
Orange County Citizens’ Commission for Children
United Way of Lake and Sumter Counties
Healthcare Center for the Homeless (FQHC)
Lake County Healthcare Task Force
Orange County Health Department
Orange County Government and Orange County Medical Clinic
Orange County Strategic Healthcare Task Force