WINTER GARDEN, FL – Community Health Centers (CHC) continues to monitor the activity of COVID-19. We are working with state and community partners under the guidance of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health (DOH), and local county health departments to stay informed regarding coronavirus.
- Masks are required when visiting our centers.
- We request that only the patient attend their scheduled appointment. Exceptions include: an essential parent or caregiver, if necessary. Please do not bring children unless the child has an appointment.
- We are offering drive-up COVID-19 testing by appointment in Pine Hills. To schedule call (407) 905-8827. Community Health Centers is not charging patients for COVID-19 testing during the declared public health emergency. Note: There is a charge, whether established or new, for the Telemedicine portion of the visit.
- Telemedicine is now offered to new and existing patients for Pediatrics, Family Medicine, OB/GYN, and Behavioral Health.
- Our optometry department is mailing our glasses at no cost to our patients.
- We are encouraging our pharmacy patients to utilize our free mail-order prescription service with up to a 90-day supply.
To schedule an appointment, please call the appointment line at (407) 905-8827 or (352) 314-7400.
We are prepared for the possibility of having to respond to a Person Under Investigation (PUI) by implementing procedures, resources, and capabilities to lessen the impacts on our communities and team members.
We continue screening all patients and team members for risks and symptoms of COVID-19 infection. CHC has obtained the necessary equipment and protection for team members to provide COVID-19 testing for current CHC patients. For non-CHC patients, per DOH and CDC recommendations, those are instructed to call their Primary Care Provider or their county health department as appropriate from home to control the transmission.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Then, throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Use social distancing measures.
- Take advantage of pick-up and delivery services.
- Avoid handshaking.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
About Community Health Centers, Inc.
Community Health Centers, Inc. (CHC), a Federally Qualified Health Center, provides quality and compassionate primary healthcare services to insured, uninsured, underinsured, and underserved children and adults within Central Florida. CHC provides care to nearly 70,000 patients, each year, in the Apopka, Bithlo, Clermont, Forest City, Four Corners, Groveland, Lake Ellenor, Leesburg, Meadow Woods, Pine Hills, Tavares, and Winter Garden communities.