Community Health Centers’ (CHC) continues to monitor the activity of COVID-19. We are working with state and community partners under the guidance of the CDC, the Florida DOH, and the local County Health Departments to stay informed regarding coronavirus.
All Community Health Center locations will be open for our regular scheduled hours.
We are preparing for the possibility of having to respond to a Patient Under Investigation (PUI) by implementing procedures, resources, and capabilities to lessen the impacts on our communities and team members.
Prevention remains our best defense.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick and notify occupational health services.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Then, throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Social distancing measures are taken to restrict when and where people can gather to stop or slow the spread of infectious diseases.
- Take advantage of delivery or pick-up services with retailers.
- Avoid shaking hands as a social greeting.
- Don’t travel to areas with active outbreaks.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
We continue screening all patients for risks and symptoms of COVID-19 infection. CHC has obtained the necessary equipment and protection for team members to provide COVID-19 testing for current CHC patients. For non-CHC patients, per DOH and CDC recommendations, those are instructed to call their Primary Care Provider or their county health department as appropriate from home to control the transmission.
CHC is working with the Central Florida Disaster Medical Coalition and other agencies to obtain the necessary protective equipment.